3DXMAX® ASA (Acrylonitirle Styrene Acrylate) is a UV-resistant, famously weatherable polymer. Our ASA has a low-gloss matte finish which makes it the perfect filament for technical-looking prints, especially when you don’t want the high-gloss surface finish often associated with 3D printing materials like ABS, PETG, or PLA.
Benefits of 3DXMAX® ASA:
- Excellent mechanical and thermal properties (Tg of 105°C)
- Highly resistant to ultra-violet radiation and sunlight
- Sturdy and rugged against the weather, ideal for an outdoor part
- Easier to print than most industrial-grade materials
- Variety of colors and beautiful, low-gloss finish to make your models pop!
ASA is the Material for Outdoor Use:
ASA’s UV-stability makes it an ideal material for outdoor applications which experience intense exposure to the sun and elements. ASA’s exceptional mechanical and thermal properties – coupled with excellent UV-stability – is why this resin is used in the Auto, Marine, and RV industries.
Typical ASA Applications Include:
Mirror Housings, Cowl Covers, Radiator Grills, & Sensor Housings
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 235-255°C
- Bed Temp: 90-110°C
- Other: Lower the bed temp down by about 10-20°C after the first few layers
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive and Polyimide Tape work best for us.
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping.
- Supports: Water soluble AquaTek X1 USM works great for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4 hours.